2. Who do I contact to find out about special educational needs and disabilities?
Who is Responsible for SEND at Pilsley
The Class Teacher
is responsible for:-
- Assessing the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be targeted work or additional support) and consulting with Special Education Needs/Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENCo) and Head teacher as necessary.
- Writing Pupil Progress targets and Individual Education Plans (IEPs), based on the smaller steps outlined in Rising Stars
- Personalized teaching and learning for your child according to their individual needs and school resources
- Ensuring that the school’s SEN Policy is followed in their classroom and throughout the school as part of their whole school policy responsibilities.
The SENDCo/Leader of Autism Provision is Mrs Jackie Moore
who is responsible for:
- Developing and reviewing the school’s SEND policy.
- Co-ordinating the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
- Planning, delivering and monitoring specialist support in school for children with autism
- Liaising with other professionals who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology.
- Updating the school’s SEN register (a system for ensuring that all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
- Reviewing progress and provision in liaison with yourself and the Local Authority.
A very important part of the role is ensuring parents are:
- Involved in supporting your child’s learning
- Kept informed about the support your child is getting
- Involved in reviewing how they are doing.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail her with questions or information firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head Teacher and Joint SENDCo is Mr Nicolas Snape
who is responsible for:-
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school; this includes the support for children with SEND.
- Ensuring that the SENDCo and class teacher understand their roles and responsibilities with regard to SEND pupils, and therefore ensuring that your child’s needs are thus met.
- Making sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEN Governor is Mrs Angela Lowe
who is responsible for:
- Making sure that the appropriate support is given for any child with SEND who attends the school.
If you have concerns about your child’s progress, you should speak to your child’s class teacher initially.
- If you continue to be concerned that your child is not making progress, you may speak to the Special Education Needs/Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENCo) or the head teacher.
- The school SEN Governor can also be contacted for support.