7. How is the teaching adapted for children with SEND?
How will the teaching be adapted for my child with SEND?
Class teachers along with specialist staff plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class and will ensure that your child’s needs are met.
- Support staff, under the direction of the class teacher or senco, can adapt planning to support the needs of your child where necessary.
- Specific resources and strategies (see list of current interventions) will be used to support your child individually and in groups.
- Planning and teaching will be adapted, on a daily basis if needed, to meet your child’s learning needs.
Interventions currently running in school
- 1:1 reading tuition (Fischer Family Trust or Catchup)
- Small group literacy intervention (ALS, ELS, Reading for meaning)
- Small Group Mathematics Support (First Class Maths)
- 1:1 PSHE support (Positive Play, Couselling)
- Small group PSHE support (Nurture, Art Therapy , Lunch and Break playtime)
- Small Group Motor skills
- 1:1 Motor skills
- Small Group social interaction and communication
- Intensive Interaction
- Work stations with work boxes
- Visual Communication Systems
- Makaton supported Communication