9. What support is available for parents?
What support is available for parents?
The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school, so that similar strategies can be used.
- The Specialist Teacher and SENCo is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- Personal progress targets /IEPs/ IBPs will be reviewed with your involvement every term.
- Homework will be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual requirements.
- A home-school contact book may be used to support communication with you when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- When required a process called team around the family (TAF) can be initiated. This process gathers and coordinates a range of professionals available to support families with children with SEND.