I am Mrs Walters, the Learning Mentor here at Pilsley Primary school.
What is a Learning Mentor?
My job is to work with children, parents, carers, teachers and other agencies on various issues that may be affecting a child’s learning. I work alongside all the school staff to support our pupils, parents and carers.
How can I help?
I may be part of your child’s support network at school, helping with:
- being a point of contact for parents on a daily basis
- punctuality and attendance
- low self-esteem and confidence building
- difficulties with developing and maintaining friendships
- changes in behaviour that have a negative effect on learning
- any issues that may arise around bullying
- settling in of new children
- supporting transition to their next class or school
- Any issues that you as parents/carers may have around routines or managing some behaviours at home.
I am usually available at the start and at the end of most days. You are always welcome to speak to me about any issue that may be affecting your child in school regarding their learning or their well-being.
For further support QWell offer free online counselling if you are 18+ and a parent or carer in Derbyshire, as well as an online wellbeing community for adults.
Their services include:
▪ Free online counselling if you are 18+ and a parent or carer in Derbyshire
▪ A safe and confidential environment for people to get support via instant chat with an online counsellor.
▪ Access to counsellors and website materials to explore emotions and learn self-help and self-management skills.
▪ Browse online magazine and submit articles, join conversations in forums and post questions to the community.
To view the QWell website please see the link below or click here to view a Powerpoint presentation providing more information on how to access these services.